Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brave with paint..

I love this cabinet. I bought it over 11 years ago in Brown Thomas. My boss at the time was so genourous - the Celtic Tiger and all that and had given me gift vouchers for BT's. It felt slightly flamboyant and even a bit irresponsible to buy more clothes as we had a house to furnish. I figured if I bring my parents into town with me I would be REALLY responsible and buy something for our house. We went for coffee and had a lovely day shopping and I purchased this cabinet and a writing bureau which I still truly love. I have wanted to paint this cabinet for quite some time but I was worried I would ruin it. I took the bull by the horns yesterday and ...Voila!
photos my own urbanstems

6 comments:

  1. I like the change. It looks more sophisticated - hope that was the direction you wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Webb..sophisticated sounds good to me. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I agree that it looks a lot better painted. How did you paint it, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally didn't ruin it! looks amazing, good job. i've been getting paint happy myself these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I really want a cabinet like that one, they're great for showing off all your treasures, I'm running out of surfaces to display all my stuff.

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails