Saturday, October 23, 2010

It is brass monkeys*..

and I am thinking of some cosy heat in my kitchen...



My favourite..
....and to finish a serious pop of yellow.
My radiator will have to suffice for now and I will put on an extra layer but it is a long weekend so happy days!

* Brass monkeys - The phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off (or on) a brass monkey" is a colloquial expression

photo souce photo 1 via kitchen clairty daily mail
photo source photo 2 livingetc.com
photo source photo 3 housebeautiful.com
photo source photo 4 via apartment therapy image via Kitchsen Pink
photo source photo 5 flickr
photo source photo 6 via wealdonliving.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. I do think that off-white in a kitchen looks slightly warmer and less clinical, but having said that all the pics are so lovely! And as for the Swedish stove - swoon. I'm clearly full of viking genes because all things nordic make my heart flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am in LOVE with the kitchen counter library! I need that big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned something today--thanks for the definition. What lovely kitchens! Have a great weekend....Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. dying over these spaces! really gorgeous~ awesome addition to your kitchen:) hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the overall look of your blog and can't wait to check out more. Isn't it so nice to come across a new one you can relate to and feel inspired by! I'm headed back to my blog, www.ohmigoshblog.blogspot.com to add you to my blog roll...I'd love to be added to yours too if you feel so inclined! :D Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have no idea how much I want an AGA. Some people wish for fancy cars or big houses, but if I win the lottery, I'm buying an AGA! Love those kitchens! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the fifth picture! and i'm totally using that expression once it get's 'brass monkeys' outside ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails