Monday, March 14, 2011

A Garden Day..

St Patricks Day  approaching..
Memories of knee high socks, itchy polos, kilts and a massive green ribbon for my hair!  While the rest of the world celebrates the Irish we shall be getting our rake and hoe out and having a Garden Day!

Hey Mr Denver said all you need is a piece of fertile ground. I am a early 1970's Irish baby and I loved the Muppet show and yes I loved 'The Garden' song.

Click on this link to see the video of Mr Denver performing with the Muppets. Bloody hell how many years ago - is this considered vintage?!

I haven't got my rake and hoe out just yet as I'm off to a garden party with Jane..click here to come along..

photo source my own Urbanstems

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - and I´m glad I found your blog, new follower here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have a garden day too.

    Instead I'll be at work making green and white arrangements and planting potatoes with shamrock plants.

    Top of the morning to you.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos...the bottom left reminds of these pretty bleeding heart bushes I had in my front yard as a kid. Hope you get your garden day.

    p.s. I love the muppets too!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails