Friday, June 3, 2011

A birthday party..


It is a long weekend and we are heading to birthday party - ahem a 40th if you dont mind!
  This is the start of it for me and the girls.  Mine is approaching in six mois! 
I have found myself saying very casually in conversations ..." I will be 40 in December!" 
  
My mother's friend adds on 5 yrs to her real age and loves the "Nooooo way  -you look amazing". 
 An interesting strategy ..I'm not quite there yet though!
I digress I would love a little corner like the above from Stansfield Road.  
The last week has been busy and I have been catching snippets of what y'all have been up to but I plan on catching up good and proper this weekend. Hope you are all well!

photo via  

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, 40 - that's pretty exciting! I am approaching 30 (just turned 29) and I sort of strangely look forward to a new decade. What can I say...I love beginnings. :)
    That is a really great nook - what an amazing chair.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Mum's friends strategy! I heard 30 was the new 20, but that was a whole year ago, so I reckon 40 must be the new 30 by now, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful chair, and on painted floorboards - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    Interesting idea about the "adding of 5 years"...having turned 40 not that long ago myself...I'm with you in that I'm not quite there yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been missing you. Have fun this weekend and don't forget to put some flowers in your house for Monday!

    You don't look a day over 32 to me:)

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails