Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You've got a friend..

I need to explain as the mood is sombre.  It is one year on and we are all still numb and the sickening feeling is overwhelming.  Shocked that we won't see or hear our brother in law again, laugh with him and hear that mighty hearty Welsh laugh, listen to his tales and see that very proud sparkle when he speaks of his girls.

“The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the laugh.”
― Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

This song by Carole Kings brings back memories of such fun nights out and singing at the top of our voices when we didn't have a second thought for the neighbours. "Youth is wasted on the young" by Oscar Wilde springs to mind.

When you're down and troubled
And you need some loving care
And nothin', nothin' is goin' right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come runnin' to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend
If the sky above you
Grows dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind begins to blow
Keep your head together
And call my name out loud
Soon you'll hear me knockin' at your door
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come runnin', runnin, yeah, yeah,
to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will
Now ain't it good to know
that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, yes, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them.
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come runnin, runnin', yeah, yeah, yeah
to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fal
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will
You've got a friend,
you've got a friend,
ain't it good to know,
you've got a friend,
ain't it good to know,
ain't it good to know,
ain't it good to know,
you've got a friend,
oh yeah now, you've got a friend,
yeah baby, you've got a friend,
oh yeah, you've got a friend.

photo source

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. I love the Carole King song. I think I never realised how lucky I was to be young and carefree and it really hurts to lose friends and relatives. I think riting about it helps and remembering them. Sending you love and hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart sounds heavy and full, and no wonder in that, my friend.

    Sending you very much love, Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grief is a difficult thing to contend with. Take care, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails