Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Your Crowning Glory..

I had dark brown hair, pale skin and rosy cheeks as a child..

At forty I still have the same complexion and I STILL have the dark brown hair.  The hair comes with a price with a visit every four weeks to my hairdresser. I reckon about 80%-90% of my crowing glory is gray or pewter! 
(For the record I am on the right!)
 
Folks I don't know what switch has gone off in my brain but I believe it is time to introduce officially some gray into my life and I don't mean painting my kitchen cupboards gray -which for the record I would absolutely love!
Pinned Image
I know I am a big girl and can make my own decisions but I still cherish my parents advice and for good reason too as this was their email back to me after I explained what I was planning:
 
"Ata girl..be a trendsetter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Tomorrow there will be a gentle introduction of some gray (platnium ash blond) to my crowning glory - sqeeek, large intake of breath! It will be a slow process introducing the gray and possibly years before I become a silver fox. I was chatting to my Mum saying when I introduce more gray I will look old from the back.
 
My Mum rocks as this was her retort:

"Well just think how much of a lovely surprise everyone will get when you turn around!"
 
I know truthfully I'm never going to be as glamourous as these girls but I shall have fun trying!
 
Pinned Image
Sarah Harris age 32
Fashions Editor at VOGUE UK
photo source via
Pinned Image
photo source via
Pinned Image
photo source via
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
 
photo via
Pinned Image
photo source via
 
photo sources 1-2 my own urbanstems
all other photos via pinterest with links attached
 
Check out
my Pinterest board
for more inspiration
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment(I do appreciate it!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails